All Now Mysterious...

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

Power to the People! (if anyone cares)

Okay, it's that time again —- time to vent about one of my bigger pet peeves.

We had a primary election today in Utah. When I arrived at the polling place at about 1:15 this afternoon, I found out that I was voter #23 for that location today. The polls opened at 7:00 this morning. This means that the three women who were running the place were seeing, on average, one voter every 17 minutes or so.

This is disgusting. Even for a primary (which, in Utah, typically has a voter turnout percentage in the single digits) this is disgusting. With all the outrage we're hearing about our leaders these days, WHY CAN'T ANYONE BE BOTHERED TO VOTE?!?

Okay, I'm done now.

1 Comments:

  • I think the more important issue is the fact that people probably feel they have nothing for which to vote. Given that primaries are typically party driven popularity contests, it really doesn't matter who wins. We all know the basic issues and stances supported by Republicans and Democrats. Republican Candidate Jones is going to support issues A, B, C; Democratic Candidate Smith is going to support X, Y, Z. Blah, blah, blah. Personally, I'm tired of two party politics.

    By Blogger dilliwag, At June 22, 2004 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home