All Now Mysterious...

Monday, August 01, 2005

As Time Goes By

August 1st marks three significant anniversaries for me. First, it is Colorado Day. Colorado became a state on August 1st, 1876.
Colorado flag
I was born and raised in Colorado, and despite having lived in Utah for so long, a part of me will always consider it home.

August 1st also marks three years of working for my current employer. I started off as an interviewer, calling people on the phone to do surveys. After about seven months, I applied for a position as a supervisor. I was promoted and began working Quality Assurance. Last winter, I was promoted again and began managing the shift one night each week. Then, just after the first of the year, I was given the additional position of Trainer. So at present, I manage the shift two nights per week and hold training sessions three times every two weeks. That works out pretty much perfectly with my school schedule.

The final anniversary has to do with my living arrangements. I have now lived in my current place for one year. The move itself was extremely unpleasant, more so than moving usually is for me. But it was not as unpleasant as the reason for having to make the move, about which I've gone on at length in previous posts.

It's amazing how much can change in a year, or three years, or 129 years. It makes me wonder what next August will bring. We'll see.

--
Colorado flag image courtesy of 50states.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home