All Now Mysterious...

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tuesday Tunes: Week 65

From The Music Memoirs.

A little something different. I'm going to give you a list of drinks and you give me a song/album/artist that fits that particular drink:

Espresso: "Waterhole (Expresso Bongo)" by Marillion
The only thing I could come up with is this song from the band's excellent "Misplaced Childhood" album.

Wine: "Red Red Wine" by Neil Diamond
You did know that he wrote that UB40 song, right?

Beer: "Beer for My Horses" by Toby Keith and Willie Nelson
When Toby pitched the song as a duet, Willie agreed to do it based on the name alone.

Milk: "Xanadu" by Rush
"To seek the sacred river Alph / To walk the caves of ice / To break my fast on honeydew / And drink the milk of paradise...."

Water: "Aqua Vitae" by Rocket Scientists
The term aqua vitae is Latin for 'water of life'. It is also used colloquially to refer to spirituous liquors.

Tea: "Tea In the Sahara" by The Police
Not the best song from their "Synchronicity" album, but it fits.

Cappuccino: "I Feel Fantastic" by Jonathan Coulton
The song doesn't mention cappuccino specifically, but it sounds like he had five or six of 'em before he recorded it....

Margarita: "Margarita" by Traveling Wilburys
You probably thought I was going to go with Jimmy Buffett's 'Margaritaville'. And I was. But I thought I'd at least try to find something different, and I did.

3 Comments:

  • Great list! I like how you gave some history or additional information about each of your choices.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At January 13, 2009 11:58 AM  

  • See I was gonna go with Margarita but the Margaritaville overpowered it. Ha! GREAT list!

    By Blogger Polly, At January 13, 2009 12:09 PM  

  • Your list was very unique and informative. I have Casey Kasem to thank for knowing that Neil Diamond wrote "Red Red Wine". Also, props for coming up with a "Buffett-free" list.

    By Blogger Malcolm, At January 13, 2009 7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home