All Now Mysterious...

Sunday, August 08, 2004

Music A to Z

All right, Derek and Curtis have both done this now, so I suppose it's my turn.* The challenge is to list one band or artist you enjoy for each letter of the alphabet.

A) Asia
B) Boston
C) Cash, Johnny
D) Dire Straits
E) Evanescence
F) Fleetwood Mac
G) GTR
H) Horton, Johnny
I) Isao Tomita
J) Jones, Norah
K) Kansas
L) Lana Lane
M) The Moody Blues
N) The Nylons
O) Orbison, Roy
P) Plato's Halo
Q) Queen
R) Rush
S) Squirrel Nut Zippers
T) Toto
U) U.K.
V) Vangelis
W) Wilson Phillips
X) XCR (Cross Canadian Ragweed)
Y) Yes
Z) ZZ Top

Okay, so Isao Tomita was a bit of a stretch (first name), and XCR was a real stretch (abbreviation that I'm not entirely certain the band actually uses). But I was having the hardest time coming up with anything for I or X, and C and T were already taken. So I'm willing to make that stretch.

That was fun, but now here's an extension to the challenge: create a list of songs you enjoy, one for each letter of the alphabet. And to keep it interesting, here's a catch: you cannot use more than one song from any artist.

Here's mine.

A) All I Need is a Miracle by Mike + the Mechanics
B) Boy Named Sue by Johnny Cash
C) Carry On Wayward Son by Kansas
D) Drive by Singularity
E) Everlasting Love by Howard Jones
F) Forever Autumn by Justin Hayward
G) Generation Prelude/Generation by Peter Buffett
H) Hyperactive! by Thomas Dolby
I) Industrial Disease by Dire Straits
J) Just Kiss Me by Harry Connick Jr.
K) Keep on Lovin' You by REO Speedwagon
L) Leaden Legacy by After Forever
M) More than a Feeling by Boston
N) No Son of Mine by Genesis
O) One Night in Bangkok by Murray Head (from the musical Chess)
P) Place in this World by Michael W. Smith
Q) Questions 67 and 68 by Chicago
R) Riding the Dragon by Plato's Halo
S) Stranger in Town by Toto
T) Time Again by Asia
U) Uncle Pen by Ricky Skaggs
V) Voices by Vangelis (Double letter score!)
W) Walls by Yes
X) Xanadu by Rush (No, not the one by Olivia Newton John. Please.)
Y) Yesterday by The Beatles
Z) Zip Gun Bop by Royal Crown Revue

Okay, boys, what's next? Albums, perhaps? Only time will tell. ("You're leaving now, it's in your eyes....")

* I can hear my mother asking, "If Curtis and Derek both jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?" I will say this: if Curtis and Derek both jumped off a bridge, I'd have to assume there was a pretty good reason....

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home