All Now Mysterious...

Saturday, January 02, 2016

New Years Soup

Happy New Year, Everyone! I hope 2016 brings you all peace, joy, and happiness.

For our New Year's Eve family get-together, I made soup. I found the recipe via Facebook at a website called 12 Tomatoes. Here's a link:

Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup

I did make one change to the recipe, Instead of using cream cheese, I substituted sour cream to make it a little less rich. Also, I only used about 1/3 cup of bacon, because that's what we had. All in all, it worked out nicely.

Anyway, here is the recipe as I made it. I highly recommend it!

32 oz. frozen hash browns
32 fl. oz. (1 qt.) chicken broth
1 can (10 oz.) condensed cream of chicken soup
8 oz. sour cream
1 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
1/3 cup crumbled bacon

Add all ingredients to a large slow cooker; mix well.  Cook on high for 3-4 hours.  Serve with salt and pepper, rosemary, chives, etc. to taste.  Serves 8-12.

Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home