All Now Mysterious...

Thursday, January 27, 2005

I'll Take Friday's Feast for $1000, Alex.

Friday's Feast, 28 January 2005

Appetizer If you could have a free subscription to any magazine, which one would you like to have?
I had a subscription to Popular Science for a couple of years, and I really enjoyed it. (National Geographic would be cool, too.)

Soup If you were suddenly to become famous, what would you choose as your stage name?
If I ever did become famous, it'd probably be as part of a group rather than on my own. I've long thought that "Bleak December" would be a good name for a band, although Tiffany has recently had me thinking about the name "Breakfast Rorschach Test".

Salad What ingredients make an awesome salad? Dressing? Croutons?
The best salads of which I am a currently aware are those at Cafe Rio here in Salt Lake City. I am partial to the BBQ pork salad with black beans, rice, sour cream, and tortilla strips. This salad doesn't really need dressing, but the chipotle ranch is good.
On 'normal' salads, I like cherry tomatoes, carrot slivers, and a little ham or grilled chicken, but not radishes. Honey mustard dressing and croutons are also appreciated.

Main Course What do you like most about your current job?
I like the fact that as the new trainer for the company (I'll blog about that later), I have the chance to help our new 'recruits' to get off on the right foot.

Dessert Who is your favorite instrumental musician (not a singer)?
Vangelis, the man who wrote the soundtracks for Chariots of Fire and Blade Runner. He's one of the inventors of the ambient electronic music genre. I was first introduced to his work in the soundtrack for Carl Sagan's Cosmos miniseries, and I've loved it ever since. If you can get hold of a copy of his score for 1492: Conquest of Paradise, give it a listen. It's beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home