All Now Mysterious...

Friday, February 25, 2005

Power Man and Iron Feast

Friday's Feast, 25 February 2005

Appetizer Name something that makes you scream.
The thought of Howard Dean, Dick Cheney, Condoleezza Rice, or Hillary Clinton being the next president of the United States. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Soup Who is a musician you enjoy listening to when you want to relax?
I often listen to New Age instrumental music for relaxation. Today's artist pick is David Arkenstone.

Salad What was the last book you purchased?
The last book I purchased was the hardbound Chronicles of Narnia as a gift for my 11-year-old niece.
The last book(s) I bought for myself was (were) the trade paperback box set of Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials trilogy.

Main Course If you could live one day as any historical figure, who would it be, and what would you do?
I'd love to spend a day inside the mind of Archemedes. Experimentally, he did more with less than almost anyone in history.

Dessert Tell about a time when you were lost. Where did you end up? How long did it take you to get back to where you were going?
When I was around 10, my brother and I got lost in the campground at Grand Teton National Park. We had been sent to gather some firewood and lost sight of the camp. It was at this time that I learned that I have no reliable sense of direction; I was firmly convinced that we had to make our way across a river to get back to camp. It probably would have got us both killed if we'd tried. (Aaron still won't let me live that one down.*) Anyway, after wandering around for a couple of hours, we finally found another family in the campground, and they took us to the ranger station, from which the ranger took us back to our campsite.
As a result of this and numerous less severe experiences, I have no problem with asking for directions.

--
*That was a quarter of a century ago, man. Let it go.

6 Comments:

  • I can just imagine the way Aaron still hassles you about that little misadventure. heh.

    By Blogger dilliwag, At February 26, 2005 11:16 AM  

  • Just caught the title of your entry--well done!

    By Blogger dilliwag, At February 26, 2005 12:42 PM  

  • Heh. I figured you and Curtis would get it and like it.

    By Blogger Michael, At February 26, 2005 2:15 PM  

  • Luke Cage is a now a member of the New Avengers. We'll see how the writers portray him.

    By Blogger dilliwag, At February 26, 2005 10:42 PM  

  • Agreed, Curtis. My major objection the the New Avengers is that the relaunch was largely something that didn't need to be done. Had the Powers That Be at Marvel actually hired some decent writers for the title, The Avengers could have gone on for another 4 decades. But that's always the problem with comics, right? It's never the actual characters, but the writers.

    By Blogger dilliwag, At February 27, 2005 1:37 PM  

  • Funny you should mention that, Derek. In Curtis' campaign a few years ago, we were doing a massive crossover that included some Marvel and DC characters, and I ended up playing Cyclops. Curtis gave me a write-up and said, "Add to this as you see fit." So I added, among other things, a disad:

    Physical Limitation: Keeps getting screwed by the writers (All the time, greatly impairing: 15 points)

    By Blogger Michael, At February 27, 2005 3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home