All Now Mysterious...

Saturday, February 19, 2005

ƒ€@$† ƒø££øw—µ¶

One of the questions of yesterday's Friday's Feast had to do with favorite quotes. Well, I've read some of the others that people have put up, and some of them are quite clever. Here are a few that I thought were memorable.

--

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." -Robert Heinlein, The Notebooks of Lazarus Long
(from Mostly Cajun, All American and Opinionated)

"You don't live the life you deserve. You live the life you think you deserve." – Jacob Glass
(from Infinitepink)

"Aren't you a little short for a Stormtrooper?" -Princess Leia Organa
(from Bloggo Chicago)

"I believe there ought to be a constitutional amendment outlawing Astroturf and the designated hitter....I believe in long, slow, deep, soft, wet kisses that last three days." -'Crash' Davis, Bull Durham
(from Fractured Somehow, edited for content)

"To change ourselves, we must change the world; to change the world we must be willing to change ourselves." -Starhawk, Truth or Dare, p. 22.
(from Derek)

"I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse." -King Charles V
(from Le petit monde de Timtom)

"I’m not an organ donor, but I once gave an old piano to the Salvation Army."
(quoted by Tash)

"What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul
(from MarthaLeigh)

"Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved." -Jeremy Kitson
(from Lisa)

"Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere." -Van Wilder
(from Tommy's Thoughts)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss
(from Scribble Scrabble)

"If you want to feel good about yourself, stop doing things that make you feel bad." -How Al-Anon Works, p. 276
(from Words of Mine)

"What is important is not what happens to us, but how we respond to what happens to us." -Jean-Paul Sartre
(also from Words of Mine)

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen not only because I see it but because by it I see everything else." -C. S. Lewis
(from Lime)

--

Some profound and some silly, but I think you'll agree, all memorable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home