All Now Mysterious...

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

High School Meme

I found this over at Elephants & Dragonflies. Thanks, Tash!

What year was it?
1982-1986

What were your three favorite bands/artists?
The Cars, Chicago, REO Speedwagon. (My musical tastes have matured a bit since then.)

What was your favorite outfit?
It was right in the middle of the preppie movement...and I was having none of it. As often as not, I wore flannel shirts over plain t-shirts. I was 'grunge' before Kurt Cobain came along.

What was up with your hair?
My hair looked like the Beatles, circa 1965. Or Mr. Spock.

Who were your best friends?
At school: Derek, Geoff, David, George. At church: Chris, Jayna, Darren, Scott, Jen.

What did you do after school?
Sports (football, basketball, cross country, track) drama productions, band, Knowledge Bowl practice.

Where did you work?
Wendy's. I manned the grill.

Did you take the bus?
Yes, until I was 16. After that, I drove either the pickup or a 1971 Jeep Wagoneer with the original green paint.

Who did you have a crush on?
Michele. She never knew, that I'm aware of.

Did you fight with your parents?
With mom, not very often. With dad, only once - but it lasted the entire four years (or so it seems in retrospect).

Who did you have a CELEBRITY crush on?
Anne Murray. Shut up.

Did you smoke cigarettes?
No, I missed out on all of that. Thankfully.

Did you lug all of your books around in your backpack all day because you were too nervous to find your locker?
I made regular stops at the locker, but my backpack still seemed to weigh a ton.

Did you have a clique?
No, but I was a band geek. Does that count?

Admit it, were you popular?
Not remotely.

Who did you want to be just like?
Anyone other than the people I went to high school with.

What did you want to be when you grew up?
An engineer or a research scientist.

Where did you think you'd be at the age you are now?
Long since graduated from college and married with a few kids. (0-for-3, but making progress.)

Yeah, high school pretty much sucked. So what's new?

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home