All Now Mysterious...

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Stolen Tag

This is another music thing. I stole it from Inn of the Last Home.

Random 10:
I plugged all my popular music into WinAmp and put it on random play, and this is what came up.

1. One Is Never Too Old to Swing by Girls from Mars
2. Losing It by Rush
3. That Don't Impress Me Much by Shania Twain
4. Congo by Genesis
5. Nothin' You Can Do About It by Richard Marx
6. Words by Asia
7. Go Daddy-O by Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
8. Russians by Sting
9. Sparks from the Tempest by Kansas
10. That, That Is by Yes

1. What is the total number of music files on your computer?
Five thousand four hundred and four, not including Christmas music or spoken-word stuff (comedy routines, etc.).

2. The last CD you bought is:
The Girl in the Other Room by Diana Krall.

3. What is the last song you listened to before this message?
Ghost of Stephen Foster by Squirrel Nut Zippers.

4. Write down five songs you listen to a lot or that mean a lot to you:
Carry On Wayward Son by Kansas
Place in This World by Michael W. Smith
Subdivisions by Rush
All I Need is a Miracle by Mike + the Mechanics
...and, of course,
The Road Goes On by Toto.

5. Who are you going to pass this stick to (three persons and why)?
Derek, Curtis, and maybe Allen, because I know I'm going to enjoy the vast variety or responses I'll get from them.
Tag, boys. You're it.

4 Comments:

  • Thanks for stealing :)

    There were a couple of songs by Genesis, Tota and Asia I've never heard of. What albums are they from?

    Also - Place in this World is a great song. I love Michael W Smith.

    Visit anytime :)

    By Blogger Barry Wallace, At January 29, 2005 1:35 PM  

  • Genesis: Congo is from the album "Calling All Stations", released in 1997. As far as I know, it's the only Genesis album of the post-Phil Collins era. Highly underrated.

    Toto: The Road Goes On is from "Tambu", 1995.

    Asia: Words is from "Arena", 1996.

    I'm not surprised that you don't recognize these songs. Hardly anyone knows that these bands kept recording after the 80's (as did Rush, Yes, and Kansas, among others).

    By Blogger Michael, At January 29, 2005 10:59 PM  

  • You're absolutely right - I never heard any of their stuff post 1980's.

    Thanks for letting me know - I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

    By Blogger Barry Wallace, At January 29, 2005 11:06 PM  

  • I humbly bow before the superior music-collecting skills of Emperor Zod. (Show-off....) :-)

    By Blogger Michael, At January 30, 2005 7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home