All Now Mysterious...

Friday, March 18, 2005

And what did she mean, 'Slow of mind'?

I went to a local drive-through today for lunch. I ordered a couple of sandwiches and a beverage and pulled up to the second window. The girl inside handed me my drink, and I handed her the money. She gave me back my change, and I thanked her and drove off. It was about six blocks later that I realized that I had left without my sandwiches.

My mind is going, Dave.

So I drove back and pulled up to the window. The girl had my food waiting for me. She said she'd tried to yell, but obviously I didn't hear her over the roaring engine of the Dreadnought. I thanked her for keeping my food warm and drove back home, lunch firmly in hand, tail firmly between legs.

I take some comfort in knowing that I'm not the only one. One of my friends recently reported that (s)he had done the very same thing. So, my friend - you know who you are - you're not alone. I feel your pain.

2 Comments:

  • I think there's a message hidden in that incident: don't eat anything associated with drive thru.

    By Blogger dilliwag, At March 18, 2005 10:49 PM  

  • Meaning...what? Are you suggesting that there is some sort of link between drive-thru food and memory loss?

    Sheesh, you give a guy a doctorate, and suddenly he thinks he knows everything.... ;)

    By Blogger Michael, At March 21, 2005 5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home