All Now Mysterious...

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Screwing It Up For Everyone Else

I never feed trolls and I never eat spam...
-"Weird Al" Yankovic, "It's All About the Pentiums"

Just as Allen was forced to learn a harsh lesson about troll-feeding in recent days, so I have had to learn about the unpleasantness of spam-eating.

I'm generally a pretty easygoing and trustworthy kind of guy. I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt, at least until they prove that they don't deserve it. So for the past year and change, I've allowed anonymous posts on my blog.

But no more.

Some jack@$$e$ idiots decided to use the Comments section of my blog as a billboard for a big, useless advertisement about the virtues of certain penny stocks. In the ad, the 'authors' warn that, "All statements made are our express opinion only and should be treated as such." But the never reveal whose opinions 'ours' are. The lowest form of life that walks or crawls is salespeople who won't even reveal who they are. Cowards.

So that's it. As of now, I will no longer be allowing anonymous posts. I don't need the spam, but more to the point, I don't need the aggravation.

So, if you want to post here from now on, you're going to have to get a Blogger identity. But be careful...that's how I got started, after all....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home