All Now Mysterious...

Friday, February 24, 2006

Three For the Road

Part I: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast, 24 February 2006.

Appetizer Choose one: moving to another state, having triplets, or never being able to eat chocolate again.
Having triplets might be more of a challenge than I'm (or, more properly, we're) ready for, and never being able to eat chocolate again would be a travesty. Besides, there's a very real chance I'm moving out of state this summer anyway. So I'll pick that one.

Soup Name a news story that truly shocked you.
"Muslim Fundamentalists Burn Embassies In Protest Over Cartoons". What the...?!?

Salad What was your very first job?
When I was in middle school, the town druggist ("Sully") hired me to steam clean the carpets in the town's one and only drug store. I did it two or three different times, as I recall.

Main Course If you had the chance to read the diary of someone you're really close to, would you? Why or why not?
I would only read something that personal if I were specifically invited to. If that were the case, I'd love to do so, because that would be a sign of great trust and understanding in the relationship.

Dessert What's something you're looking forward to?
My next paycheck. Maybe we can make it two in a row that don't bounce! Yea!

--

Part II: Top Five on Friday
Top Five on Friday from The Music Memoirs:

Top 5 "British" Bands and a song by each

» Pet Shop Boys (Notable song: "It's a Sin")

» Marillion (Notable song: "Now She'll Never Know")

» Dire Straits (Notable song: "Industrial Disease")

» Derek and the Dominoes (Notable song: "Layla")

» The Proclaimers (Notable: "Sunshine on Leith")

--

Part III: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast, 17 February 2006.

Yeah, I'm a week late on this one. Sorry.

Appetizer If you were a color, which color would you be, and why?
I would aspire to be forest green: strong but subdued, the color of life.

Soup When was the last time you went to the doctor, and what was your reason for going?
My last doctor's visit was actually to the dentist. I had a crown put on after a root canal. Fun.

Salad What do you collect?
I've started collecting dice. I've picked up four nice sets over the past several weeks:
» Golden Recon (green/black with gold pips)
» Silver Volcano (red/black with silver pips)
» Cobalt (purple/black with sky blue pips)
» Air (sky blue/white with red pips)
I also have an old set of smaller Earth dice (blue/green with white pips). You can see most of these patterns at Chessex, if you're interested.

Main Course What were you like in high school? Name one thing you miss and one thing you don't miss about those days.
I was a geek in high school, but not a typical geek. Sure, I took all the science classes my small high school had to offer. But I also did band (concert, marching, and jazz bands), cross country, track & field, drama, Model UN, and Knowledge Bowl. One thing I miss is my small circle of friends: Derek, Geoff, Mark, David, David, David, and George. One thing I don't miss: pretty much everybody else.

Dessert Pretend you're standing in front of your home, with your back towards your home. Describe the view - what can you see? Trees? Cars? A zoo? Wal-Mart?
Near the house I see my residential neighborhood: mostly houses and duplexes, with an apartment complex and some stores a couple of blocks away. In the middle distance I see the skyscrapers downtown, as well as the general signs of life in the city. On the western horizon I see the Oquirrh mountains and the Kennecott smokestack, 1215 feet (~370 meters) tall and visible even from my side of the valley.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home