All Now Mysterious...

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Saturday Morning Memes

Part I: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast for Friday, 27 April 2007:

Appetizer How fast can you type?
I've been clocked at between 30 and 35 word per minute. Woo-hoo!
(My mother could type ~100 wpm—on a typewriter!—back in the day. I couldn't type 100 wpm if I'd had 23 double espressos.)

Soup What is your favorite online game?
I don't play a lot of games online, but one that I've discovered recently is HandDrawnGames.com's Desktop Tower Defense game. WARNING: This game is seriously addicting. Once you start playing, you'll be shocked at how fast it eats up your time.

Salad On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 as highest), how intelligent do you think you are?
This is going to sound really conceited, but I'm going to say 9. I say this because out of every ten people I meet, I think maybe one of them might be as smart as I am.

Main Course Name three of your best teachers from your school years.
Mr. Hess (Geometry, Trigonometry, Pre-calculus, and Cross Country coach)
Mr. Palmer (Chemistry, Advanced Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science)
Mr. Switzer (Middle school science)
(Ms. Schulz (English, Research) gets an honorable mention for teaching me how to write a really good paper. But she scared me. Just a little.)

Dessert What are your plans for this upcoming weekend?
We have to do some cleaning in the bathroom, kitchen, and possible the office this morning. Then we're headed to the Temple this afternoon and the usual church meetings tomorrow morning. I think we're also going to try to get out for a good walk or two. So basically a relaxing, low-stress weekend.

--

Part II: Top 5 On Friday
Top Five on Friday from The Music Memoirs:

Top 5 classic rock songs that are a classic annoyance to your ears.

» "Crazy On You" by Heart
I like most of Heart's stuff, but this song bugs me. I'm not really sure why.

» "Benny and the Jets" by Elton John
This song just starts out boring and refuses to get any better. A definite yawner.

» "Black Dog" by Led Zeppelin
Jerky and repetitive, this may be the most monotonous song in the history of rock, with the possible exception of George Harrison's "Got My Mind Set On You". I can't listen for more than about 30 seconds. Fortunately, there's little reason to.

» "Born in the U.S.A." by Bruce Springsteen
I've never been a big fan of Bruce's work. Sure, he may be a great lyricist, but his grating voice makes it impossible for me to listen long enough to decide. Disciple of Dylan, perhaps?

» "Don't You (Forget About Me)" by Simple Minds
Yes, I heard this song on the classic rock station a few weeks ago. When did Simple Minds become classic rock?

It was actually pretty hard to come up with that many. I like the large majority of what I hear on our local classic rock station, 103.5 The Arrow. Classic rock rules!

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home