All Now Mysterious...

Friday, May 18, 2007

Return of the Memes!

Part I: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast for Friday, 18 May 2007:

Appetizer List 3 emotions you experienced this week.
Surprise - on learning about last night's birthday dinner and activity.
Amazement - on having a student 'take' a test in about a minute and a half, half-heartedly guessing on everything, and being satisfied with the 25% she got as a result. "It's better than getting a zero!" ::teacher bangs head on wall::
Ennui - on homework. I've got to get more motivated.

Soup Name a car you'd love to have.
A 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid. An SUV that goes 500 miles on a tank of gas? I'd be good with that.

Salad Describe your typical morning routine.
Wake up.
Go to the bathroom.
Wash hands.
Brush teeth.
Shave (most of the time).
Shower.
Get dressed.
Check my e-mail.
Grab a bite to eat.
Gather stuff for the day's teaching assignment.
Kiss Nancy good morning (she doesn't have to get up as early as I do, so I let her sleep).
Out the door and off to school.

Main Course Have you ever e-mailed someone famous? If so, who, and what did you say to them? Did they reply?
I once sent an e-mail on the Rocket Scientists' web site asking about a CD that was out of print (Earthbound). A couple of days later, I got a reply from Erik Norlander, the group's keyboardist and producer. He said they didn't know of any copies still available but said they'd be releasing a Special Edition of the disc with bonus features soon.
(That never really happened, but apparently, fueled by the success of their most recent CD, Revolution Road, they've now decided to release special editions of ALL their earlier discs within the next year. Pretty cool!)

Dessert Do you listen to podcasts? If so, which ones?
I've never listened to a podcast.

--

Part II: Top 5 On Friday
Top Five on Friday from The Music Memoirs:

Top Five Songs you love from artists you hate

» "La Vida Loca" by Ricky Martin
I'm guessing this song would be on a lot of people's lists today...

» "Sweet Child o' Mine" by Guns 'N Roses
I've never been a big GNR fan, but this song was just intoxicating, especially the vintage 70's guitar solo. I'll always have fond memories of my college days with this song.

» "Larger Than Life" by Backstreet Boys
The entertaining video notwithstanding, this song is included in behalf of pretty much all boy bands. Musically speaking, there hasn't been a really good boy band since the Beatles (in my humble opinion).

» "...Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears
If we're going to have a boy band in the list, we have to have a pop tart, too. Equal treatment and all that. This is the one Britney song I like, though Dweezil and Ahmet Zappa do a much more interesting version.

» "State of Shock" by Mick Jagger and the Jacksons
The Rolling Stones and Michael Jackson—two birds with one stone.

7 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home