All Now Mysterious...

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Tuesday Night Music

Tuesday Tunes: Week 45 from The Music Memoirs

We haven't done a word association in a while. Remember, tell us the first band/artist/song/album that comes to mind when you see these 10 words:

I'm going with 'Songs' on this one.

Ending: "Epilogue: You and I" by Elaine Paige & Tommy Koerberg (from the musical Chess)
"Still we go on pretending / Stories like ours have happy endings"
Long: "Long Distance Runaround" by Yes
School: "Be True to Your School" by The Beach Boys
Teen: "Smells Like Teen Spirit" by Nirvana
Although Paul Anka's version is pretty cool, too - better than the original, in fact.
Crazy: "Crazy" by Patsy Cline
Search: "(I've Been) Searchin' So Long" by Chicago
Baby: "Santa Baby" by Eartha Kitt
Shoes: "Blue Suede Shoes" by Elvis Presley
Mellow: "I'll Be Mellow When I'm Dead" by 'Weird Al' Yankovic
Window: "She Came In Through the Bathroom Window" by The Beatles

2 Comments:

  • What an eclectic list! I don't think I've ever seen Nirvana, Paul Anka, Eartha Kitt and Weird Al mentioned in the same post before!

    By Blogger The Gal Herself, At August 19, 2008 11:52 PM  

  • Excellent list, and i have to disagree about Anka's "Smells Lke Teen Spirit!" To each his/her own. I appreciated the Shatner take on modern rock, but I thought Anka wasn't up to the challenge. It's fun to listen to, though!

    Long Distance Runaround...LOVE that one. Oh, the memories!

    By Blogger Natsthename, At August 20, 2008 6:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home