All Now Mysterious...

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Chainsaw Serenade

I woke up this morning a little before 5:00 needing to visit the bathroom. About fifteen minutes later, having returned to bed and failed to fall back asleep, I decided to get up for a couple of hours. I figured I’d check my e-mail, look at the news, make the rounds on the blogs (which I hadn’t done in a couple of weeks), and the like. Then I’d lie back down and sleep for a couple of hours.

I finally felt tired enough to return to bed at about 8:30. It was at about this time that my landlord decided to commence the removal of the cherry tree in the back yard. This tree is no more than fifteen feet from our bedroom window.

So, for the next two hours, I tried to get a little more sleep while the landlord and his son, chainsaw in hand, cut down and dismantled the tree. I finally got to sleep, as best I can determine, around 10:20. My alarm clock, telling me it was time to get up and get ready for work, woke me at 10:45. I was right in the middle of a frustrating dream at the time, so I suppose it’s not all bad.

So now I’m at work. Not only is it normally my day off, but I’m covering for my boss, so I came in an hour earlier than normal.

I’m already looking forward to going home and crashing. Only six hours….

1 Comments:

  • We need to slip the landlord one of my Tylenol PM's so we can get a good nights sleep tonight, eh? Either that or a laxative. He may be awake but he won't be outside our bedroom window making noise. At least, I hope not! (Eewww! I know!)

    By Blogger Nancy, At July 10, 2008 11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home