All Now Mysterious...

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thursday Night Memes

Part I: Friday's Feast
Feast One Hundred & Ninety Four

Appetizer If you could live on another continent for 1 year, which one would you choose?
People are going to think I'm crazy for saying this (especially my wife), but I think it would be amazing to spend a year at one of the Antarctic research stations. There's so much about that part of the world we still don't know; the scientist in me thinks it'd be the next best thing to spending a year in space.

Soup Which browser do you use to surf the Internet?
Mozilla Firefox, version 3. If you're still mucking about with Internet Exploder, do yourself a favor and download the latest version of Firefox.

Salad On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being highest), how much do you know about the history of your country?
I'd be inclined to say at least eight, but I'm coming to find that so much of the history of my country has changed over the last 20 years, now I'm no longer certain.

Main Course Finish this sentence: Love is…
Love is...the WD-40 that makes the world go 'round and the duct tape that holds it all together.

Dessert Have you ever been in or near a tornado?
Right after my family moved to J-town in 1976, the town was surrounded by no less than six tornadoes one afternoon. And, of course, my brothers's house got hit by one a couple of weeks ago:

Stormy Weather
Stormy Weather - Update
Stormy Weather - Happy Ending

--

Part II: Top 5 On Friday
Top 5 On Friday - Week 180 from The Music Memoirs:

Top 5 albums that you can't stop playing lately, and tell us why you love them!

» A Day Without Rain by Enya

When I've been looking for something relaxing to listen to lately, this one and 'Amarantine' hit the spot. I've loved Enya's music for as long as I've known about her.

» Asia by Asia

I've owned this album for decades, and I keep coming back to it time and time again (no pun intended). The more I listen to it, the more I'm amazed at how good this group really was. The musicianship is astounding, and the band members play together with a chemistry that's hard to describe. Listen you it, and you'll understand.

» Songs for Swingin' Lovers! by Frank Sinatra

I got this from the library the other day, and it's amazing. Definitely going on my wish list.

» Narada Collection 3 by Various Artists

I owned this on tape for many years, but only just got around to getting it on CD. It's been in the stereo in the kitchen (along with volumes 1, 2, and 4) for the past few weeks.

» Kill to Get Crimson by Mark Knopfler

I got this one a few weeks ago and then misplaced it. I finally found it today as I was doing a little straightening in the office. It's going into the stereo first thing tomorrow morning.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home