All Now Mysterious...

Friday, May 16, 2008

The Usual Friday Memes

Part I: Friday's Feast
Feast One Hundred & Ninety One

Appetizer What is the nearest big city to your home?
I live in Salt Lake City, which, compared to where I grew up, is a big city. Actually, compared to where I grew up, pretty much anything is a big city—Salt Lake, Greeley, Laramie, Morgantown....

Soup On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how well do you keep secrets?
At least 8½-9. I'm very discrete when the occasion requires it.

Salad Describe your hair (color, texture, length).
My hair is short, straight, and mostly dark brown. Where did this grey come from, anyway?

Main Course What kind of driver are you? Courteous? Aggressive? Slow?
I try to be a courteous, law-abiding, defensive driver. I say 'try', because living (or more properly, driving) in Utah is enough to give anyone road rage. I'm fully convinced that Utah drivers are, in general,
* Rude and inconsiderate,
* Brain dead,
* Strung out on meth,
* Passively homicidal,
* Clinically insane, and/or
* Terminally attached to their cell phones.
They drive with complete disregard for their own safety; I know they're darn sure not looking out for mine. So when I drive, I literally find myself thinking, "What's the idiot in front of me going to do next?" on a continual basis. It's saved me on numerous occasions.

Dessert Describe your sleeping habits.
Honestly, I can't remember. I try not to dwell on things like that. If I've had an entire week that was really bad, I'm sure I'd have blogged about it. I just don't feel like looking for it at the moment.

--

Part II: Top 5 On Friday
Top 5 On Friday - Week 175 from The Music Memoirs:

Top 5 "Night" songs or songs that relate to the night or evening.

» Sleeping With The Moon by Amy Rigby (from the album The Sugar Tree)
So I'm sleeping with the moon
'Cause you've gone away
Yeah I'm sleeping with the moon
But what'll I do
During the day?


» Last Night by The Traveling Wilburys (from the album The Traveling Wilburys, Vol. 1)
I asked her to marry me she smiled and pulled out a knife
The party's just beginning she said, your money or your life
Last night, talking about last night
Last night, talking about last night


» One Night in Bangkok by Murray Head (from the Chess soundtrack)
One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble
Not much between despair and ecstasy
One night in Bangkok and the tough guys tumble
Can't be too careful with your company
I can feel the devil walking next to me


» Evening (The Sunset/Twilight Time) by The Moody Blues (from the album Days of Future Passed)
When the sun goes down,
And the clouds all frown,
Night has begun for the sunset.
See it with your eyes;
Earth re-energized
By the sun's rays every day.
Take a look out there,
Planets everywhere.
)

» Satyr's Moon by Lana Lane (from the album Curious Goods)
Oh - Selene
Shadows in the sky
Are so serene
Oh - Selene
Faces in the moon
Are not what they seem

2 Comments:

  • Your Utah list sounds like my town---or more like any big city. People are crazy with those cell phones everywhere. I get mad especially when my kids are with me, and the careless way people act in cars that could really hurt people!!

    I'm with you on the grey!

    By Blogger jenny, At May 16, 2008 7:52 AM  

  • You've got some great ones on your list. Last Night is awesome and I'd pick Evening over Nights in White Satin anyday :)

    Thanks for playing

    By Blogger The Mistress of the Dark, At May 16, 2008 4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home