All Now Mysterious...

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Tuesday Tunes

Tuesday Tunes - Week 42 from The Music Memoirs

This week is word associations. The drill. Tell me the first song, artist, album, instrument or other musical thing that comes to mind when you see these words.

Cat: "What's New Pussycat" by Tom Jones
Fish: Raingods with Zippos by Fish
Dog: "Dirty Dog" by Damn Yankees
Comical: "The Comedians" by Roy Orbison (written by Elvis Costello)
Pretentious: "Pride (In the Name of Love)" by U2 (or pretty much anything by U2, for that matter)
Intelligent: "The Fall of Icarus" by Rocket Scientists
Park: "Leave It" by Yes ("MacArthur Park in the driving snow...)
Make-up: "The Show Must Go On" by Queen ("Inside my heart is breaking, my makeup may be flaking, but my smile still stays on)
Box: "Trapped In A Box" by No Doubt
Toy: "Creepy Doll" by Jonathan Coulton

3 Comments:

  • Your choice of "What's New Pussycat" reminded me that I haven't listened to any Tom Jones in awhile. I need to rectify that.

    I see what you mean by your comments on my list for our choice for the word "pretentious". Message to Bono: sorry dude, but your music doesn't have the power to save the world.

    By Blogger Malcolm, At July 29, 2008 9:45 AM  

  • I also have not heard Tom Jones in awhile! Great list!

    By Blogger ShannonW, At July 29, 2008 11:11 AM  

  • Hi, Michael!
    Yeh, Bono kinda makes me sick! LOL (and I'm Irish! lol)
    Great answers! Thanx for stopping by my blog!
    Take Care!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At July 29, 2008 8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home