All Now Mysterious...

Monday, August 16, 2010

Jellyfish

Of necessity we share these waters.
My frequent companion -
Shimmering
Graceful
Beautiful
Serene in motion,
Undisturbed by turbulent currents.

I look on your diaphanous form
And I see strength
Tranquility
Potential.

All of it an illusion.

Threatened,
You puff yourself up
To become threatening.

Touched,
You lash out
And sting.

Jagged menace
Beneath the smooth and placid surface.

Harsh reality
Has rendered you harsh as well.

I look again
And I see
Only what I see.

No heart
No spine
No brain
Only stimulus/response
Ad infinitum.

Reaction without cognition.
Reflex without reflection.
Form without purpose.
Existence without meaning.

Insubstantial
Hollow
Fleeting
Adrift on the tides of eternity.

Are you even truly alive?

Perception.
Contemplation.
Clarity.
Horror.
How much of me do I see in you?

--
MSM, August 2010

1 Comments:

  • That was beautiful yet a bit haunting. You are no jellyfish, my love. You are all warmth and full of love. I am sorry you were stung. Remember you are wonderful. :]

    By Blogger Nancy, At August 20, 2010 1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home