All Now Mysterious...

Sunday, May 22, 2016

Yearbook Fortune Cookies

One of my fellow teachers refuses to sign student yearbooks. She says there just aren't that many ways to say "I enjoyed having you in my class this year" (a sentiment that isn't even true in some cases) and "Have a great summer". So she prints up an inspirational poem or short story and hands that out instead.

Another teacher I know draws a sketch instead of signing yearbooks. He's a lot more talented than I am, in that respect. I could sketch different molecules, I suppose, but just how many aromatic rings can one draw before the novelty wears off?

So this year, instead of signing yearbooks in the traditional fashion, I've assembled a list that I affectionately call "Yearbook Fortune Cookies". I'm going to roll a d12 and write whichever quote comes up from the list. Here they are:

1  If you know immediately that candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

2  Understanding is a three-edged sword.

3  Deserve victory.

4  Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.

5  A brave man likes the feel of nature upon his face, but a wise man has the sense to come in from the rain.

6  The heart is not so easily changed, but the head can be persuaded.

7  If you seek meaning, then listen to the music, not the song.

8  Even a mirror will not show you yourself, if you do not wish to see.

9  You don’t have to leave to find a better view.

10  Life is the future, not the past.

11  The point of a journey is not to arrive.

12  You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.

I'm hoping I roll '1' a lot. ::evil grin::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home