All Now Mysterious...

Wednesday, January 03, 2018

In Memoriam

In a way, this is the end of an era for me. When I joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, the Prophet and President of the Church was Spencer W. Kimball. I couldn’t even hazard a guess who his counselors were. When I went to college, the Prophet was Ezra Taft Benson and I can tell you who his counselors were: Gordon B. Hinckley and Thomas S. Monson. The same was true when President Benson died and President Howard W. Hunter was called to the Prophetic office.  Upon his death shortly thereafter, President Hinckley was called to be the prophet, and naturally President Monson was his first counselor.

For pretty much my entire life in the Church, Presidents Hinckley and Monson have been in the First Presidency. Now they have both been called home.

Much has been said about President Monson’s reunion with his wife, Frances, and rightfully so. But I can’t help but believe that President Hinckley was also there waiting to greet him when he arrived.

Thank you for your service, your example, and your teachings, President Monson.  Thank you for making this world, and this Church, a better place by your service.  May God bless your family as they mourn your passing and celebrate your life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home