All Now Mysterious...

Tuesday, October 20, 2020

It Is Time

 

It is time.
 
All that came before;
All that I had wanted, had hoped for, had feared,
Is no more;
All now distilled into what is.
 
I look to the path.
It is not the path that I had expected, or desired.
I can't see where it leads.
But it is the path that lies before me,
And I choose to walk the path
And not to turn away.
 
I raise my voice to the Guardian of Journeys.
"Guide my steps," I plead.
"Clear the way before me.
Grant me shade from the burning Sun and shelter from the driving rain.
Grant me peace amid the tempest."
 
The affirmation rings within me.
My plea is heard.
My steps are counted.
My path is known, even if not to me.
 
No more speculation.
It is time.
I have made my preparations.
I have done what I can do.
There is no more past,
Only future.
 
The path lies before me.
I look to that future:
Eyes forward,
Nerves steeled,
Boots laced.
 
One deep breath.
One small step.
The journey is begun.
 
I do not know how many steps I will walk along this path.
 
But I know that wherever this path will lead, I will not walk alone.
 
Michael Scott Martin
August 12th, 2020

1 Comments:

  • You wrote that, the day after my 28th anniversary of my accident which I call my Life day, the accident did change my Life some would say in pretty drastic ways, but it also changed my mindset I would like to think for the better. The accident did some physical damage not something you can see really on the short-term observation, it did mess with my brain both mentally and as I said before my mindset.

    Oh by the way, that was Excellant writing!

    By Blogger Brian Dale Olsen, At February 22, 2021 2:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home