All Now Mysterious...

Monday, September 06, 2004

Feasting and Fast Food

I didn't participate in this week's edition of Friday's Feast because I couldn't think of a bad movie I'd seen recently, I couldn't think of anyone I'd want to change places with for a day, and my favorite season (hockey season) may not happen this year at all. But I was intrigued by this question:

Dessert What is something you frequently buy that you don't really need?

The answer to that question would be "junk food". I probably pick up a bite to eat at work at least four times a week, and I buy something from the vending machines at work or on campus at least that often. This must stop!

So, for the next ten days, I am on junk-food hiatus. No pizza between classes or Chinese take-out at work. I'm trading in soda for juice, candy bars for fruit bars, and value meals for homemade meals.

Ten days of my own cooking . . . wow. Wish me luck! By the end of it, I may be wanting that proverbial Cheeseburger in Paradise.

Oh, and about the goldfish, I think I would have named them Klaatu, Verata, and Necktie. No, wait, that's not right. Nickel? It's an 'N' word, it's definitely an 'N' word!

4 Comments:

  • Nikto.

    Good one, Mike

    By Blogger dilliwag, At September 06, 2004 7:30 PM  

  • Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your hostess.

    Actually, that movie also gives me a movie line I want frequently to use at work: "All right, you primitive screwheads, listen up!"

    By Blogger Michael, At September 06, 2004 8:49 PM  

  • Listen up! The "primitive screwheads" quote, as well as the mistakes on the 'N' word, refer not to "The Day the Earth Stood Still" but to the cult classic "Army of Darkness". The magic words needed in obtaining the Necronomicon are an homage to the robot command phrase in the previous film.

    As if you didn't know.

    (Don't make me get out my boom stick!)

    By Blogger Michael, At September 07, 2004 9:10 AM  

  • Try. :-)

    By Blogger Michael, At September 08, 2004 9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home