All Now Mysterious...

Monday, February 28, 2005

Success!

In defiance of Mister Bill+, I have weaned myself off Microsoft® products to a substantial degree. I have replaced MS Office with OpenOffice, Notepad/WordPad with Jarte, Internet Exploder with Mozilla Firefox, and Outlook with Mozilla Thunderbird. (I also have a CD containing Ubuntu Linux, but I'm not sure I'm secure enough to take that final step just yet.)

I had been using a freeware/abandonware e-mail client called Calypso, with which I have been quite satisfied. But at the recommendation of a friend, I moved over to Thunderbird. I've been very satisfied with this client as well, though I've had some difficulty figuring out how to attach a signature to outgoing messages. This was not a big deal, but it bothered me a little.

Today, I finally figured it out. It works. I have a sig line again, and I'm ecstatic.

Hello, my name is Michael, and I'm a geek.

--
+ Gates, that is.

3 Comments:

  • Figuring out the signature in Thunderbird was a bit of a hassle, eh? Did you go the individual signature route or did you figure out how to go with multiple sigs?

    By Blogger dilliwag, At March 01, 2005 5:50 AM  

  • Curtis - If you want, I'll send along the CDs I have for Ubuntu. It says right on the back of the case, "You are legally entitled and encouraged to copy, share, and redistribute this CD, for yourself and your friends. Share the spirit of Ubuntu!"

    Derek - I've gone the single signature route. I don't really have any use for multiple sigs. (The whole 'baby steps' thing's in play here, too.)

    By Blogger Michael, At March 01, 2005 7:39 AM  

  • Ah yes, another Mozilla addict. (Not as good as mozarella, but still pretty good.)

    By Blogger Michael, At March 01, 2005 9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home