All Now Mysterious...

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Tuesday Music Meme Thing

Take Me Back Tuesday from The Music Memoirs

I think this week, we'll get a little mellower after last week's little drama. I'm feeling bluesy.

1. Name three blues, swing, or big band songs.
1. "You're the Boss" by the Brian Setzer Orchestra with Gwen Stefani
2. "Zip Gun Bop" by Royal Crown Revue
3. "Take Five" by the Dave Brubeck Quartet

2. Name three blues, swing, or big band artists.
1. Glenn Miller
2. Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
3. Squirrel Nut Zippers

3. Name three blues, swing, or big band albums.
For this one, I'm going to go with three movie soundtracks:
1. The Mask
2. Ocean's Eleven
3. Catch Me If You Can

2 Comments:

  • Quibble, quibble.

    Actually, I was trying to think of songs and bands that I hadn't already used in the "Four Hours" entry a couple of days ago. That's what came to mind, so I used it.

    And you have to admit, for a jazz piece, that number really swings...

    By Blogger Michael, At September 20, 2005 7:57 PM  

  • > Jazz absorbs all styles at some point anyway.

    Kind of like Prog does, I guess. Hey, can we actually say "Prog"? ;)

    By Blogger Michael, At September 21, 2005 7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home