All Now Mysterious...

Friday, November 04, 2005

Double Back

Part I: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast, 4 November 2005.

Appetizer What was the last game you purchased?
A cribbage set, which I bought as a gift. I can't say for whom, of course, since Christmas is still a month and a half away.

Soup Name something in which you don't believe.
I don't believe that either the political Right or the political Left has all the answers.

Salad If you could choose a television personality to be your boss, who would you pick?
Bill Nye, the Science Guy. Either that or Principal George Feeny from "Boy Meets World".

Main Course What was a lesson you had to learn the hard way?
Assume nothing. Assumption is the mother of all screw-ups.

Dessert Describe your idea of the perfect relaxation room.
I picture a library with large windows and comfortable, overstuffed chairs. The walls would be filled with ceiling-high shelves of books about anything and everything imaginable. Soft music, maybe Vaughan Williams, plays just at the edge of perception. No telephones, no computers, no communication devices of any kind are to be seen.

--

Part II: Top Five on Friday
Top Five on Friday from The Music Memoirs:

Top 5 songs that best describe your life "right now".
I was just thinking about this the other day. Strange....

1. "Place in this World" by Michael W. Smith
The wind is moving
But I am standing still
A life of pages
Waiting to be filled
A heart that’s hopeful
A head that’s full of dreams
But this becoming
Is harder than it seems


2. "Who Will Stop the Rain?" by Asia
This problem is insoluble
The answers seem impossible
The logic ceases to exist

Yes, I'm talking about Quantum Mechanics.

Choices 3 and 4 make up the great dichotomy of my life:
3. "Impulsive" by Wilson Phillips
I don't wanna think about it
Don't wanna think clear
Don't analyze
What I'm doing here
Wanna be impulsive
Reckless


4. "Be Still My Beating Heart" by Sting
Be still my beating heart
It would be better to be cool
It's not time to be open just yet
A lesson once learned is so hard to forget


5. "Carry On Wayward Son" by Kansas
Carry on
You will always remember
Carry on
Nothing equals the splendor
Now your life's no longer empty
Surely heaven waits for you


And for the curious, I did get my computer fixed, at last. I'll write a real post later.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home