All Now Mysterious...

Monday, October 24, 2005

Format C:

My computer is really ticking me off. Even after removing the recent virus from my Frankenstein's Monster of a machine, the thing still isn't running up to spec. It's slow, it hesitates or freezes sometimes, and it almost never shuts down properly. I've run every diagnostic of which I can think, and it's still twitchy.

So I've pretty much decided that I'm going to have to wipe the hard drive and start all over.

That's not going to happen anytime soon, mind you. There's way too much stuff going on between now and December 16th (the day of my last final exam). So I'll start saving important and/or hard-to-recreate documents either to Zip disks, CDs, or my GMail account. I can do that a little at a time, and things should be fine.

There's one real question going through my mind about all of this. Once I've reformatted, do I go ahead and reinstall Windoze 98 SE, or should I make the leap to Linux? Am I ready for that big a step? I've already ditched MS Office, Word Pad, Outlook Express, and Internet Exploder. But am I really ready to go completely Micro$oft-free?

I guess it's not a decision I need to make right now.
::opens chemistry textbook::

1 Comments:

  • Let me know if you decide to make the Linux leap--I may make it with you. It's about time started looking at a new rig and I'm thinking of buidling my own. STK's dad is great at that kind of thing and I could probably convince to help me during a visit. I'm not sure I could do it on my own.

    By Blogger dilliwag, At October 24, 2005 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home