All Now Mysterious...

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Family First

Reading the most recent post on Derek's Blog, The Simple Life, drove home the importance of a quote in the month's LDS First Presidency message:

"Whatever the era, whatever the times, one thing will never change: Fathers and mothers, if you have children, they must come first. You must read to your children and you must hug your children and you must love your children. Your success as a family, our success as a society, depends not on what happens in the White House but on what happens inside your house." -Barbara Bush

My praise goes out to all those who make sacrifices of time, comforts, and prestige in order to spend time with their children. I hope to be that kind of parent one day.

2 Comments:

  • Ah, yes. The Barbara Bush commencement address at Wellesley, I believe. I used to show that speech during a unit on epideictic speaking.

    STK and I figure our days as rock stars are behind us. Might as well focus on the well-being of the Gareth, you know? Who knows, maybe he'll be the rock star. From the way he wrings his hands, I think he's going to be a philosopher. Or an egomaniacal supervillain bent on world domination. It's a toss up.

    By Blogger dilliwag, At October 11, 2005 8:59 PM  

  • Epi-what speaking? I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with that one. Ask me something about wave functions. But yes, you've got the right speech.

    By Blogger Michael, At October 12, 2005 6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home