All Now Mysterious...

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Disease-Free for Nearly 24 Hours!

With a little substantial amount of help from Allen, my computer was finally disinfected last night. He brought me some security software that I installed and ran. He also did some 'Net searching and found out how to fix my registry. So the computer now works quite well—or at least as well as it ever has.

For the curious, this is what now protects my computer:
Ad-Aware
AVG Free
Spybot Search & Destroy
Zone Alarm

It's nice having such a selection of virus/spyware scanners available, and this is the first time I've ever had a firewall. Many thanks, Rev!

2 Comments:

  • what a hassle, eh? Why idiots need to troll the internet with the intent of infecting our PCs is absolutely beyond me. I've been using ZoneAlarm, Spybot, and Ad-aware for years. Wish I'd known about the free virus protection--I've been paying various companies for years. The school provides free AV software/subscriptions for all home PCs of faculty so I won't be worrying about that anymore. Score!

    By Blogger dilliwag, At September 28, 2005 2:13 PM  

  • no prob, that's my job...well, sorta...

    By Blogger Unknown, At September 29, 2005 2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home