All Now Mysterious...

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Two-Two Twain

Part I: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast, 21 October 2005.

Appetizer Do you button shirts top-to-bottom or bottom-to-top?
Both, actually. I button the bottom button first to make sure it lines up. Then I start from the second-to-top button and work my way down. I only button the top button when I'm ready to put on my tie.

Soup What is your favorite sandwich?
Uh, me between a mattress and a quilt?

Salad What was a family project you helped work on as a child?
The garden. We had a huge garden every year, and I was involved in everything from dunging to planting to weeding to harvesting to canning. Good tomatoes, though.

Main Course When have you acted phony?
You mean other than in high school drama productions? (Okay, so everything in high school was a drama production.)
Probably when I have to pretend to be interested in the inane drivel that so many people around me feel the need to share. Politeness and that sort of thing, you know.

Dessert Do you write letters or postcards? If so, to whom?
Almost all of my correspondence these days is electronic, but I'll still drop the occasional letter or postcard to a friend or family member.

--

Part II: Top Five on Friday
Top Five on Friday from The Music Memoirs:

Top 5 bands/artists that you can't get enough of and a song and/or album by each that you'd recommend to your fellow meme-ers.
I'm not really fixated that much on any group or artist, so let me just introduce a few lesser-known bands worth knowing:

» Crenshaw, Upside Down
Recorded in fabulous Alterna-Soul!

» Cross Canadian Ragweed, Soul Gravy
Rock sounds + country sensibilities = kick-butt music.

» Girls From Mars, Planet Swing
A swinging trio reminiscent of the Andrews Sisters.

» Rocket Scientists, Oblivion Days
One of my favorite neo-progressive (whatever that means) groups, featuring Beatle-esque vocals and Wakemanian keyboards.

» Singularity, Between Sunlight and Shadow
Another neo-prog favorite, and a product of Colorado to boot.

Regular readers will probably recognize all of these groups by name, if not the actual music. But if you don't recognize the music, what's wrong with you? Go out and get some!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home