All Now Mysterious...

Friday, March 31, 2006

My Computer, The Jukebox

I finally got that issue with the sound card on my new computer figured out. I identified the correct card and searched for the best available drivers. The computer did some downloading, then told me I was already using the best driver. So I fiddled with some things and finally found the source of the problem: P.E.B.K.A.C. (Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair).

In other words, I had the speakers plugged into the wrong port. Silly me.

I've got quite a bit of my CD collection moved to my hard drive now. I've successfully downloaded both WinAmp and Windows Media Player, and both are working nicely. And I've got new speakers that I found at an exceptional price at Big Lots.

So in short, I have a nice little sound system going now. The new speakers have got great volume and clarity, plus one thing my old speakers never had: a lot of power in the low end. For a guy like me that played tuba, trombone, and electric bass, as well as singing bass/baritone in various choirs, it's a nice sound.

And Doom sounds amazing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home