All Now Mysterious...

Friday, March 17, 2006

Music Plug

A few days ago, I bought Reckless Kelly's new CD, Wicked Twisted Road. I enjoyed the music a great deal, and I love the fact that the CD comes with its own board game. That's right, there's a die inside the CD case, and the liner notes fold out to provide the game board. But it was something else in the liner that caught my attention.

They have the usual 'the band would like to thank' section. This includes, along with the regular family, friends, and sponsors, names like Horace Manure, Tara Byte, Willie Make It, Betty Won't, and Freida Go Now. Amusing, yes. But what I really liked was the last item:

"...and everyone who bought this record instead of stealing it."

No guilt trips, no condescending "you're depriving us of our livelihood" garbage, no threats to send me to prison. Just an honest expression of thanks for spending a little of my money to support the band.

I like that approach.

So, if you like country music, especially with a bit more bite that what you traditionally see on CMT or GAC, let me encourage you to pick up a copy of this CD. Buy some more of the group's music. Heck, you could even buy the group's sibling's band's music (Micky and the Motorcars). Just do something to reward them for their attitude. I certainly plan to do so in the future.

That is all.

3 Comments:

  • If you like country, you really need to check out Michele Crisp. Her site is at www.michelecrisp.com and her debut album, Lighthouse, is available on Amazon.com.

    And have I mentioned she's my sister?

    Take care-
    Tiffany (sagehill)
    (posting under my other blogger id because I'm working on an entry right now)

    By Blogger Your Host, At March 20, 2006 6:46 AM  

  • Yeah, but does she have cool liner notes? ;)

    By Blogger Michael, At March 20, 2006 7:45 AM  

  • I believe she might. You should buy a copy and find out. :)

    By Blogger Your Host, At March 20, 2006 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home