All Now Mysterious...

Friday, March 31, 2006

Two For the Road

Part I: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast, 31 March 2006.

Appetizer Name 3 things that you think are strange.
Only three? Okay, here goes:
1. Professional wrestling
2. Napoleon Dynamite
3. Breatharianism

Soup What was the last ceremony you attended?
Some of what normally takes place in church every week could probably be considered 'ceremony'. So last Sunday.

Salad What is one lesson you have learned in the past year?
The 48-hour rule is nonsense. Call her.

Main Course Tell us about one of your childhood memories.
I was Ebenezer Scrooge in a 5th-grade production of "A Christmas Carol".

Dessert If you could extend any of the four seasons to be
twice as long as normal, which season would you want to lengthen?

I like spring, and we don't get it much in Utah. It usually goes from winter to summer in about 3-6 weeks. So doubling that would give us a proper spring.

--

Part II: Top Five on Friday
Top Five on Friday from The Music Memoirs:

Top 5 albums you wish you had in your collection. (If you want,
tell us why you want these albums.)

» Earthbound by Rocket Scientists
I love this group's work and have their other two studio CDs, but this one is out of print. One of the band members e-mailed me about two years ago saying they were working on a special edition re-release, but that never ended up happening. I've found it on sale used, but not for less than $35, which is more than I'm willing to pay for a CD at present. The CD is available for legal download, but that doesn't give me the liner notes. Ish.

» Honky Tonk Union by Roger Clyne & the Peacemakers
I'd had a hard time finding this CD for less than $40, so I've never bought it. But I saw it for $12.98 on Amazon today, so it likely won't be on this list much longer.

» Which Way From Here by Micky & the Motorcars
Once again, It's been hard to find this one. The only place I've found that has it is the band's web site. This will likely fall off this list soon, too. Once I get a real job.

» 1962-1966 (The Red Album) by The Beatles
For some reason, I never seem to remember this CD when I'm in a position to buy. I have the "Beatles 1" grestest hits collection and a couple of Anthologies, along with "Sgt. Pepper's". I need to add this one soon.

» 1967-1970 (The Blue Album) by The Beatles
See above.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home