All Now Mysterious...

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Back on the Road Again

Okay, here's the update on the Dreadnought that some of you have been waiting for. It's fixed. I got the car back late Friday afternoon. The shop guy wasn't able to find a new axle, but he was able to find a new one at somewhere other than a dealership, which meant he (and consequently, I) didn't have to pay the dealer's price.

Additionally, they fixed the front seat, which hasn't sat right for quite a while. A couple of bolts and washers and half an hour's labor took care of that problem.

The only other issue I was going to have them look at was the tailgate. The window rolls up and down okay, but one of the two side latches for the gate isn't working. So while the rear window will open, the tailgate itself won't. They didn't have time to get to that and still get me my car back in time for the new work week, which was okay with me. Everything I was really concerned about got done.

The final damage: $758.25, including parts and labor.

For as much better as the Dreadnought is running now, that's a very reasonable price.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home