All Now Mysterious...

Friday, November 17, 2006

They're Baaack!

Part I: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast for Friday, November 17th, 2006

Appetizer Do you believe there is intelligent life on other planets?
After teaching junior high school for the past month and a half, I'm not entirely convinced there's intelligent life on this planet a lot of the time.
But yes, I think there is intelligent life out there. This universe is too big a place for us to have it all to ourselves.

Soup What is one thing you said you'd never do, but you eventually did?
I swore I'd never get another credit card, but when it came time to start paying wedding expenses, that's exactly what I did. Time to be disciplined again, I guess.

Salad Who is the teacher that influenced you the most in school?
As much as I hate to admit it, it was probably Ms. Schulz. I recall my senior Research class with dread. I struggled with that class as with no other, and I hated it with a passion. But it made me a much better writer, and that has opened a lot of doors for me.

Main Course If you could trade places with anyone for one day, who would it be and why?
I could name any number of politicians I'd like to trade places with for a day, if only to answer the question, "What the %^*@# were you thinking?!"

Dessert What is your favorite dish to prepare?
I love to make waffles. We got a most excellent professional grade waffle maker for our wedding. We've put it to good use.

--

Part II: Top Five on Friday
This week's Top 5 on Friday from The Music Memoirs

Top 5 Songs That Make You Laugh

» "White & Nerdy" by 'Weird Al' Yankovic
You knew this list had to have at least one song by the Master of Parody, didn't you? This one was actually a Top 10 single in the U.S. And the original artist, Chamillionaire, has the song posted on his MySpace page. How cool is that?

» "The Elements" by Tom Lehrer
...and if Weird Al had to be on this list, so did Tom Lehrer. While I initially thought I'd include "The Masochism Tango", the science geek in me couldn't resist posting a link to this animation featuring Tom's chemistry classic.

» "Industrial Disease" by Dire Straits
Forget Dylan and the Great Folk Music Scare of the 1960's (when it almost caught on), this is the best social commentary I've ever heard set to music. Splendid!

» "A Boy Named Sue" by Johnny Cash
A true classic. "And if I ever have a son, I think I'm gonna name him . . . Bill, or George! Anything but Sue! I still hate that name!"

» "Cynically Yours" by Amy Rigby
"I, your loving (blank),
Take you, (insert name here),
Because frankly, I'm just too tired
To look around anymore...."
What more needs to be said?

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home