All Now Mysterious...

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Late Memes

Part I: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast for Friday, 27 October 2006

Appetizer Create a new candle scent.
Cinnamon Hot Cocoa - a festive winter treat!

Soup Name one way you show affection to others.
I'm a hugger.

Salad What is your favorite writing instrument?
I like the Zebra Sarasa gel pen. I'm partial to the forest green ink color.

Main Course If you were given $25 to spend anywhere online, from which site would you buy?
Without a doubt, it's got to be Amazon. I spend so much on CDs and DVDs, it's a good thing I don't have any other expensive vices (beer, crack, cigarettes, coffee, etc.).

Dessert Are you dressing up for Halloween? If so, what are you going to be?
No costume this year, I'm afraid. The school I'm teaching at doesn't allow for it, and Nancy will be in school that night. I will be wearing black dockers and an orange polo shirt I inherited from my wife's family, though.

--

Part II: Top Five on Friday
This week's Top 5 on Friday from The Music Memoirs

Top 5 songs that scare you and/or Top 5 musical bands/albums/songs that put you in a Halloween mood
Here are five songs that are roughly seasonally-themed.

» "Home by the Sea / Second Home by the Sea" by Genesis
Just a tip for the would-be burglar: if you're going to break into a house in the dark of night, you might want to pick one that's not haunted....

» "Lamplight Symphony" by Kansas
An old man is frightened, comforted, and ultimately given hope by the apparition of his wife. A ghost story with a twist.

» "Moon Over Bourbon Street" by Sting
The lament of a reluctant vampire: "I must love what I destroy, and destroy the thing I love."

» "Witch Hunt" by Rush
"Quick to judge, quick to anger,
Slow to understand
Ignorance and prejudice
And fear walk hand in hand..."


» "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" by Blue Oyster Cult
I don't know which is scarier: the fact that this song is about death, or the fact that someone would think the song actually needs more cowbell.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home