All Now Mysterious...

Saturday, December 02, 2006

The Weekly Memes

Part I: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast for Friday, 1 December 2006.

Appetizer Have you ever flown in a helicopter?
No. Given that the only way I really see myself ever flying in a helicopter is on the way to a hospital emergency room, I hope I never do.

Soup What color is your warmest coat or jacket?
It's an olive green color. Strangely enough, it's reversible, and the reverse side is an orange-rust color.

Salad What is your favorite rainy day activity?
I love to walk in the rain. It's something I picked up while living in West Virginia. Given that I now live in the barren desert of Utah, I don't do it very often these days.

Main Course Describe your hands.
I've got big hands...not 'meaty', per se, but substantial. My fingers are long, but not freakishly so. At the moment, they're surprisingly free of cuts, bruises, blisters, or other injury.

Dessert If you could eat only one nut for the rest of your life, what nut would you pick?
Cashews. Whenever I see a bowl of mixed nuts, I always pick out the cashews first.
(Of course, some would argue that for me to eat any kind of nut is tantamount to cannibalism.)

--

Part II: Top 5 On Friday
Top Five on Friday from The Music Memoirs:

Top 5 songs that make you feel like celebrating

» "Love Shack" by the B-52's
How can you not want to party when you hear this song?

» "Princes of the Universe" by Queen
This song reminds me of hockey games in Ogden. Weber State almost always won in those days, so celebration was practically assured at the end of the evening. Great memories of fun times.

» "Margaritaville" by Jimmy Buffett
This is my mother's favorite song. Jimmy will always remind me of her.

» "The Cougar Song" by Clyde D. Sandgren (1932)
Better known as the BYU fight song, "Rise and Shout" was one of the first songs I learned as a member of the BYU marching band. Ideally, the director wanted us to have it memorized before the opening game against Utah State, because we were going to play it every time BYU scored. The final score of that game was BYU 52 USU 0, so anyone who didn't have it memorized at the beginning of the game—like me—certainly had it memorized by the end.

» "Feels Like Heaven" by Peter Cetera with Chaka Khan
This was the first song Nancy and I danced to at our wedding reception. Celebration, indeed.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home