All Now Mysterious...

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Best Wife Ever!

You'll all be pleased to know that we enjoyed a festive Valentine's Day yesterday. After a day of Nancy at work and me doing homework and a few household chores, I took the bus down to her office. From there we made our way to Jordan Commons for dinner and a movie. We caught the opening of Music and Lyrics. It was a fun show, a nice romantic comedy. It was pretty formulaic and didn't really break any new ground, but Hugh Grant and Drew Barrymore were really, really funny together. And the 80's pop music homages were hilarious. It's definitely worth seeing.

On our way out of the theater, I sent my youngest brother a text message. It read something like, "Yo Sam! Just writing to wish you and Kendra a Happy VD (Valentine's Day). Enjoy!" Five minutes later, I got back his response: "Ha ha!! Thanks! Happy VD to you and Nancy too. Isn't it fun to spread a happy VD?" To which we answered, "Always happy to share the love!" Yes, we're nuts.

Back home, we opened our V-Day gifts. Nancy already knew what I was getting her, because I practically told her. You see, we've been watching a lot of TV on DVD recently. (I may write more about that later.) And for the past couple of months, she's been introducing me to the wonderful world of Friends. Yes, that Friends, the one with Joey and Chandler and Ross and Rachel and Monica and Phoebe. And to my surprise, I've really been enjoying it. The characters have a bit more depth and humanity that I gave them credit for when the show was on in prime time.

Anyway, we'd watched seasons 1-4, and Nancy was talking about some of the deals she'd seen on the other seasons. (This was a couple of weeks ago.) I told her not to buy anything, because there was a holiday coming up, after all, and she just might be getting the next season as a gift. The truth of the matter is that I had already ordered season 5 from Amazon and had it shipped to her office. Imagine her surprise when she got the company mail one day and found a Friends box set addressed to her. Yeah, she was surprised.

It took us less than two weeks to watch season 5, which left us in the same boat we'd been in previously. So for her real V-Day present, I got her season 6. It was no surprise to her at all. Her gift to me was a total surprise, though:



Yep, she got me the Babylon 5 Movie Collection. It includes the series pilot, three made-for-TV movies (including one that recounts the Earth-Minbari War in detail), and the spin-off for the follow-up TV series Crusade. It's good stuff. Now I just have to acquire seasons 1-5, along with Crusade, The Legend of the Rangers, B5: The Lost Tales, et cetera. >sigh< Time to start saving pennies.

It was a great gift. It was almost as good as what she got me for Christmas:



Yes, if you were wondering, that is a replica 1980 USA Olympic Team hockey jersey. Personalized. Does my sweetheart know me, or what?

I really do have the best wife ever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home