All Now Mysterious...

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Brought To You By The Letter D

That's right, 'D', like the Roman numeral 500. According to Blogger, this is my 500th post.

Part I: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast for Friday, 2 February 2007.

Appetizer What was one of the fashion fads when you were a teenager?
Polo shirts with the collars turned up. Yes, I'm a Child Of The 80's.

Soup Name one thing you think people assume about you when they first meet you.
I think many students assume that I'm just another substitute teacher, that I don't know anything about the subject I'm teaching. In that respect, they would be incorrect.

Salad On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being highest, how hard do you work?
This is best represented not by a number, but by a formula where effort is inversely proportional to the time remaining until the scheduled completion of the task in question. In other words, as time to the deadline approaches zero, effort approaches infinity. Yep, I'm a bit of a procrastinator.

Main Course If you were given a free 30-second commercial during the Super Bowl to sell anything you currently own, what would you advertise?
The HP L1706 flat panel monitor. Yes, I broke down and bought one. It's nice.

Dessert Fill in the blank: I love to ________ when it is _________.
I love to eat fresh-baked bread when it is still warm from the oven.

--

Part II: Top 5 On Friday
Top Five on Friday from The Music Memoirs:

Top 5 songs that you consider "stinkbombs". (Bonus points for you if you don't use songs by any pop tart or boyband).

» "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston
I'm with Curtis on this one. Whatever sound you were going for, Whitney, you missed. Absolute drivel.

» "How Am I Supposed To Live Without You" by Michael Bolton
When Laura Branigan sings this song, it sounds passionate and full of longing. When Bolton sings it, it sounds whiny and desperate.

» "Achy Breaky Heart" by Billy Ray Cyrus
The only redeeming feature of this song is that it made for an amazing Weird Al cover.

» "Passage to Bangkok" by Rush
Yes, I'm listing a song by one of my favorite bands here. Unlike "I Think I'm Going Bald", which makes you ask, 'What were the guys smoking when they wrote this?', this song leaves no doubt whatsoever. It's catalogued in exquisite detail right there in the lyrics. A weak effort on what is otherwise one of the greatest albums in the history of progressive rock.

» The first 4-6 weeks of "American Idol"
For the love of mercy, spare me the endless procession of boy-band and pop-tart wannabes who sadly lack the talent to pull it off--and that's really saying something! And then they get all upset because Simon tells them just how dreadful they are. People, have you never watched the show?

1 Comments:

  • Ooo, I can't seem to find what the gift is for 500th blog. Paper? Silver? Do you know?
    Congratulations on your milestone. Here's to the next 500, brought to you by the letter M.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At February 05, 2007 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home