All Now Mysterious...

Friday, March 09, 2007

Just the Feast, Ma'am

Friday's Feast for Friday, 9 March 2007.

Appetizer What is your usual bedtime? Do you like that, or would you rather it be different?
My usual bedtime is somewhere around 11:00 pm these days. That's about an hour later than it was a year ago. Comes from living with a night owl, I guess.

Soup When it comes to advice, do you give more or receive more?
At first, I wanted to say that I give more, because I always seem to have something helpful to say. But as i think about it, it occurs to me that everyone around me always seems to have something helpful to say, too--especially when I'm not looking for advice. So maybe I receive more after all.
Either way, it reminds me of a couple of quotes:

"If you can tell the difference between good advice and bad advice, you don't need advice." -Van Roy's Truism
"Wise men don't need advice. Fools won't take it." - Benjamin Franklin

Salad Describe a memorable meal you've had.
On my first date with Nancy, we went to Sweet Tomatoes. I don't remember much about the food, but we both had a wonderful time, and it opened the way for everything that followed.

Main Course Name a work of fiction that affected the way you think about something.
The Giver by Lois Lowry. This book really made me see the importance of freedom of choice in a new light. It gave new meaning to words I had read before, that without opposition, there is no change, no growth, and ultimately no purpose in life.

Dessert What is your favorite type of fruit juice?
Orange juice. If I can't get that, then grape juice. Or V8 (or even tomato juice), that's good, too, especially with a little lemon pepper.

3 Comments:

  • Tomato juice with lemon and pepper, I am so craving that right now! Fridays Feast

    By Blogger Unknown, At March 09, 2007 8:11 AM  

  • Hey sweetie! 11:00pm Wow! It must be brutal to go to bed so late. ;] If it makes you feel better, before we were married, I never went to bed before 1:00am. At least I don't make you do that, eh?

    Sweet Tomatoes...Ah, memories!! That really was a great night. The best first date ever!!

    I love you!

    Nancy

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At March 09, 2007 10:18 AM  

  • Great Friday Feast!
    My feast is served.
    Have a wonderful day!
    TGIF
    *^_^
    (=':'=)
    (")_ (")Š
    Raggedy

    By Blogger Raggedy, At March 09, 2007 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home