All Now Mysterious...

Monday, March 26, 2007

"Save each other. The whales are doing fine."

This bit of wisdom came from today's teaching assignment. I was called in to cover for a physics teacher, and in his planning period, I was subsequently called to cover for an art teacher who'd had a family situation. One of the art students had written this across her collage project. Interesting philosophy, I thought.

Also in this art teacher's room I saw the following:

40 Qualities and Traits to Help Make a Better World
Caring - Consideration - Cooperation - Courage - Curiosity - Dedication - Determination - Faithfulness - Forgiveness - Freedom - Helpfulness - Honesty - Honor - Humility - Initiative - Inquiry - Joyfulness - Justice - Kindness - Love - Loyalty - Mercy - Obedience - Patience - Peace - Reason - Reliability - Respect - Responsibility - Sacrifice - Self-Discipline - Service - Sharing - Tact - Thankfulness - Tolerance - Understanding

Great qualities, one and all. I think if everyone, myself included, would work on just one of these traits, the world would indeed be a better place.

I hope nobody will think me too snarky for suggesting that in addition to these 37 great qualities, the ability to count might also be admirable.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home