All Now Mysterious...

Thursday, March 22, 2007

I'm on top of this whole meme thing.

Part I: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast for Friday, 23 March 2007.

Appetizer Who is your favorite news anchor/reporter? Why?
I don't really watch the news much; I prefer to get my information from the radio or from online sources. So I guess the closest I get is the morning crew at KSL Newsradio

Soup Name 3 foods that are currently in your freezer.
Marie Callender's Chicken Pot Pies
White grape juice concentrate
A half-finished Wendy's frosty

Salad If you were to have the opportunity to name a new town or city, what would you call it?
"City of Hope". We can use all of that we can get these days.

Main Course What will most likely be the next book you read?
The next book I read at all? Probably the Gospel of Matthew in the New Testament. I need to get started on that next Sunday School lesson.
The next book I read in its entirety? Probably "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows".

Dessert What's the first thing you notice about the opposite gender?
Whether or not they're Nancy. If not, why bother noticing anything else?

--

Part II: Top 5 On Friday
Top Five on Friday from The Music Memoirs:

Top 5 Rainy Day Songs (Not necessarily about rain but songs you listen to or pick you up on rainy days...etc).
I'm going with the literal interpretation on this one, by the way.

» "Rainy Days and Pastel Grays" by Rocket Scientists
In addition to the title, this song has the feel of a rainy day, with subdued instrumentals and vocals suggesting muted colors.

» "I Love a Rainy Night" by Eddie Rabbitt
"I love to hear the thunder, watch the lightning as it lights up the sky." You can just picture it, can't you?

» "Shadows In the Rain" by Sting
"What key is it in? [drummer begins playing] Wait, wait, what key is it in?" And it just gets more fun from there. Great jam session from the Blue Turtles.

» "Another Rainy Day in New York City" by Chicago
You can almost picture Central Park and Times Square in this song.

» "Metallic Rain" by Vangelis
An electronic soundtrack to a rainstorm, with pizzicato-like synth notes representing light, early rainfall, followed by a big, symphonic sound for when the clouds really open up.

Bonus Track: "Tears In Rain" by Vangelis
From the soundtrack to the movie Blade Runner. You know the scene: "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die." -Roy Batty

19 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home