All Now Mysterious...

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Thursday Night Memes

Part I: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast for Friday, 25 May 2007:

Appetizer Name a sound you like to hear.
I like the sound of steaks, burgers, brats, or chicken cooking on the grill. (Note to self: need more propane this weekend.)

Soup What is your favorite kind of cheese?
Does cheesecake count? I love blueberry cheesecake. It's a birthday tradition for me. Remind me to tell you the story sometime.

Salad Do you sleep late on Saturday mornings? Why or why not?
I sleep as late as 7:30 or 8:00 on most Saturdays. Considering I normally have to be up between 6:00 and 6:30 to get to school on time, I guess this counts as sleeping in. I'd love to sleep later sometimes, but my body won't let me.

Main Course When was the last time you forgot something? What was it, and how long did it take to remember it?
I forgot to bring Lord Mhoram the Stargate SG-1 DVDs he lent us. I had them all in a bag next to the door and walked out without remembering to grab it. I finally remembered just as I turned onto his street in Ogden. Next week, I suppose.

Dessert Fill in the blank: I notice ____________ when _____________.
I notice looks of terror, surprise, or extreme disinterest when I pass out tests to my current 2nd period class.

--

Part II: Top 5 On Friday
Top Five on Friday from The Music Memoirs:

Top 5 bands or albums that I should really listen to more.

» Kansas
I pulled out a mix CD today on my way to Ogden. I'd forgotten how uplifting and technically excellent their stuff is. "Somewhere to Elsewhere" is on my short list of 'next album to listen to'.

» The Moody Blues
I have a bunch of their CDs on loan. So far I've only listened to a couple of them. All I really know of the band is their hits. That needs to change.

» Fleetwood Mac
See 'The Moody Blues', above.

» Reckless Kelly
I recently got the one RK CD I didn't already have, "The Day". Strangely enough, I haven't listened to it all the way through yet. I started one day and got distracted. Got to dig it back up and give it a proper listen.

» Alan Hovhaness
It's been a while since I listened to the 'Mount St. Helens Symphony', 'Celestial Fantasy' and 'God Created Great Whales'. Maybe tomorrow after school.

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home