All Now Mysterious...

Friday, June 29, 2007

Double Meme Goodness!

Part I: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast for Friday, 29 June 2007:

Appetizer How many pieces of jewelry do you wear most days?
Just the wedding ring. I've never been into jewelry very much.

Soup What is your favorite instrumental song?
You want me to narrow it down to just one? Sorry, I can't do it. How about four with different energy levels?
Deeply relaxing: "Watermark" by Enya (from the album Watermark)
Slightly more energetic: "The Southern Cross" by David Arkenstone (from the album In The Wake of the Wind)
Mellow rock: "Nether" by Rocket Scientists (from the album Brutal Architecture)
Hard rock: "Crushing Day" by Joe Satriani (from the album Surfing with the Alien)
I've even provided links to samples, if you're not familiar with any of these songs. You're welcome.

Salad Who has a last name that you like?
My wife! :)

Main Course Name a popular movie you've never seen.
Fahrenheit 9/11. The way I see it, why would I pay $8.50 (or take up a slot in my Netflix queue) to watch an infomercial? It wasn't even a very effective infomercial, considering that George W. Bush got re-elected anyway....

Dessert Fill in the blank: Nothing makes me ___________ like ____________.
Nothing makes me feel exhausted like temperatures in the mid- to upper 90s—which is what we've had for most of the last two weeks here.

--

Part II: Top 5 On Friday
Top Five on Friday from The Music Memoirs:

Top 5 "Musical" prized possessions...rare CDs, autographs, instruments, etc.
I'm going to go with CDs. They're not all 'Rare', per se, but they were hard to find.


» The Music of Cosmos
The original version is long since out of print. It has since been replaced by an extended version, which is also now out of print. Filled with beautiful, moving, and diverse music, it's well worth having, if you can find it. This version looks to be very close to the original, perhaps even the same.


» Dune by Toto
Yes, that Toto, the same band who did "Rosanna" and "Africa". I owned this album on vinyl originally, but it became scratched. It was basically impossible to find it again once that happened. When I saw it on CD where I was working, I snatched it up immediately.


» Kingdom of Desire by Toto
Even as a fan of the band, I didn't know about this album for a long time, because it either wasn't released or didn't get at lot of publicity in the US. For my opinion of the disc, read the "Great, if you can find it" review at the link. I wrote it.


» GTR by GTR
Back in the days before Amazon.com and the like, this was hard to find. Lord Mhoram found it and ordered it from a record store in South Africa, if I recall correctly.


» Mike + the Mechanics (M6) by Mike + the Mechanics
Again, I don't know if this CD was ever released in the US—which is too bad, because it's one of the band's better albums. I particularly like "Ordinary Girl", "All the Light I Need", "What Will You Do?", and "When I Get Over You".

And one bonus item:

Yes, that's a $1 bill signed by Ted Nugent. I met the Motor City Madman while working for an archery manufacturing company several years ago. He was one of our corporate spokespersons, and he stopped by for a tour of the plant. After his introduction and speech, most of the other employees had The Nuge signing catalogs for that year's product line. Me, I wanted something a little more unique.

Bonus Question: If you could give your Meme Mistress one musical thing for her b-day on Monday what would it be?
How about a mix CD of music guaranteed to relax anyone under any circumstances?

As soon as I find that one myself, I'll send it along. :)

7 Comments:

  • Oh very kewl autograph. And that mix sounds like a great idea...if only...if only!

    thanks for playing this week :)

    By Blogger The Mistress of the Dark, At June 29, 2007 7:32 AM  

  • Nope. GTR you had, I got Cosmos for you from South Africa.

    By Blogger Lord Mhoram, At June 29, 2007 7:47 AM  

  • Great feast answers! have a wonderful Friday.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 29, 2007 8:01 AM  

  • Great feast and I agree with your Main Course and your dessert. Although, I live in Southern California not far from the desert so temps over 90 is not uncommon. Happy FF.

    By Blogger Lori, At June 29, 2007 10:35 AM  

  • I HAve that GTR cd!

    And I'm also a Toto fan...and I hang my head around my music geek buddies who'd make fun of BOTH of those items I own! (I have original Toto albums, too, since I was in my early 20's when they hit it big.)

    Love the Nugent dollar!

    By Blogger Natsthename, At June 29, 2007 12:01 PM  

  • What a great idea for an autograph! Clever! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 29, 2007 3:23 PM  

  • I didn't know that Toto had an album called Dune! :D

    It's great that you're able to keep that autographed $1 note :D

    Maybe you could also send that CD to me when you find it. LOL! :D

    Happy weekend!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 29, 2007 8:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home