All Now Mysterious...

Friday, June 22, 2007

Back in the Swing of the Meme Thing

Part I: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast for Friday, 22 June 2007:

Appetizer Name a funny habit you have.
I'm very habitual about eating. That is, my menu choices aren't very creative. It doesn't seem to occur to me to try new things, or especially to look for new things to try while shopping for groceries. So when I look for something to eat or cook, I find I've always got pretty much the same things to choose from.

Soup If you could instantly know how to play a musical instrument, which one would you pick?
"I should'a learned to play the guitar, I should'a learned to play them drums...." (Mark Knopfler, 'Money for Nothing')
"You can learn to sing lead if you need to be a star, but the only way to groove is on a bass guitar...." (Todd Snider, 'Joe's Blues')
Actually, I played bass in high school jazz band for a year (my junior year, as I recall). I haven't touched one since. I wanted to play drums when I signed up for band in 6th grade, but they wouldn't let me because I hadn't taken piano lessons. (?) And I think guitar would be a lot of fun. If only I could find the time (or make the time, is what it really comes down to). Also, I have an autoharp I never play.

Salad How long is your hair?
I generally wear my hair pretty short, and I just got it cut on Monday. It's about 4½-5 cm long on top, and shorter around the sides.

Main Course When was the last time you forgave someone, and who was it?
I was initially really angry with my brother, but after seeing him in the hospital, I couldn't help but forgive him. I realized that being mad didn't help either of us.

Dessert What is your favorite kitchen appliance?
Does a dishwasher count as a kitchen appliance? I suppose it's a moot point, since we don't have one. So I'm going to say, waffle maker. We have a professional grade waffle maker that we haven't used in several weeks. Got to do something about that.

--

Part II: Top 5 On Friday
Top Five on Friday from The Music Memoirs:

Top 5 songs that mention things in the sky in the title. (This could be anything...stars, planes, birds, clouds....etc)

» "Wheel in the Sky" by Journey
From the album Infinity (1978)

» "Giants in the Sky" by Stephen Sondheim
From the Braodway musical Into The Woods (1987)

» "Eye in the Sky" by Alan Parsons Project
From the album Eye In The Sky (1982)

» "(Ghost) Riders in the Sky" by Johnny Cash
From the album Silver (1979)

» "Sky Is Falling" by Rocket Scientists
From the album Revolution Road (2006)

9 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home