All Now Mysterious...

Thursday, August 16, 2007

My Wife's Still At Work, And I'm Bored

Part I: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast for Friday, 17 August 2007:

Appetizer Describe your laundry routine. Do you have a certain day when you do it all, or do you just wash whatever you need for the next day?
We usually do laundry when the baskets get full. I say 'baskets' because we have one for whites and one for colors. When it's full, we wash. We don't wait for both to be full at the same time.

Soup In your opinion, what age will you be when you’ll consider yourself to truly be old?
I think that when I finally hit thirty-nine, I'll feel like old age is right around the corner.

Oh, wait....

Salad What is one of your goals? Is it short-term, long-term, or both?
One of my biggest goals is to get my Master's Degree and get a real teaching job. It's a long-term gal with a lot of little short-term goals built into it.

Main Course Name something unbelievable you’ve seen or read lately.
The Frantics' classic Ti Kwan Leep/Boot to the Head routine.
Performed by furries.

Dessert
On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being highest, how happy are you today?

Probably 8 or 9; it's been a pretty good day. I'll write more about it later.

--

Part II: Top 5 On Friday
Top 5 On Friday - Week 137 from The Music Memoirs:

Top 5 "earworms" that you actually like getting stuck in your head.
(Earworms being those songs that crawl in your ear and stay in your head until madness sets in. In a good way, of course. Does that make sense?)

» "The Larger Bowl (A Pantoum)" by Rush
I've had that song in my head almost nonstop for the last two weeks or so. It's very cleverly written, and the musicianship is of course excellent. Seeing it performed live last week—introduced by Bob and Doug McKenzie, no less—was amazing.

» "Vancouver" by Reckless Kelly
I saw this one performed live about two weeks ago. It's my favorite song by the group. I've been through a few long-distance relationships, and I've never found a way to describe the problems as well as this song does. I can hear this song once and keep hearing it in my head for days.

» "Lighthouse Keeper" by Cross Canadian Ragweed
This was the opening number when we saw this band two weeks ago. I've always liked the band's energy, and this song is a perfect conduit for it.

» "The City Sleeps" by MC 900 Foot Jesus
It's not the music that makes this song so unforgettable; it's the compelling imagery the lyrics bring forth. The mood is subdued and mysterious, and you can almost feel the rain on the streets of the city.

» "Point of Origin" by Yanni
I received the 'Out of Silence' album from an old roommate and loved it immediately. This is my favorite song on the album, partly for the driving, engrossing song itself, and partly for the memories.

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home