All Now Mysterious...

Thursday, August 09, 2007

Thursday Meme Goodness

Part I: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast for Friday, 10 August 2007:

Appetizer What is your favorite kind of pie?

(Key Lime Pie [or Pi], for those not up to speed mathematically.)

Soup Name something that made you smile this week.
Neil Peart's 10-minute drum solo at Monday night's Rush concert. More on that later.

Salad What do you do to cool off when the weather is hot and humid?
I live in the middle of the barren desert, so while 'hot' is often an issue, 'hot and humid' rarely is. It's the proverbial 'dry heat'. Regardless, swimming is a good cure.

Main Course You receive $1,000 in the mail with a letter that says you can only use the money to redecorate one room in your home. Which room do you pick, and what do you buy to spruce it up?
I'd spent the money on the office, specifically on more shelving and/or more storage stuff. Our office is basically the dumping ground for all the carp we don't have room for anywhere else. It'd be nice to get it better organized.

Dessert Fill in the blank: My _________ says __________, but I __________.
Fill in the blank: My head says I should eat more fruits and vegetables, but I continue to be a meat-and-potatoes kind of guy.

--

Part II: Top 5 On Friday
Top 5 On Friday - Week 136 from The Music Memoirs:

Top 5 artists you loved in college.
Okay, 'college' for me could be anytime between 1986 and now, with a few gaps in between. But I get the idea.

» Mike + the Mechanics
My first year at BYU, my roommate and I decided that between us, we would buy Bon Jovi's "Slippery When Wet" and Mike + the Mechanics' epynomous album. He ended up getting Bon Jovi, and I've felt ever since that I got the better part of the deal.

» Boston
I remember being so excited about hearing 'Amanda' from the albumThird Stage on the radio. It made me which I was dating (or even knew) a girl with that name.

» Chicago
My first rock concert, as I remember, was at the Salt Palace (wow, that takes ya back!) where my roommate and I and our dates drove up to SLC to see the Chicago 18 tour. And Chicago 19 was one of the last albums I bought before leaving for West Virginia for two years.

» Yes
As big a Yes fan as I am today, I was only barely getting familiar with the group way back then. I still have vivid memories of hearing 'Love Will Find a Way' from Big Generator on a professor's radio while I was making up a chemistry test one afternoon.

» REO Speedwagon
Yes, it's true. I owned Wheels Are Turnin' back in the day. (So did everyone else, though.) And I still have it, though I've upgraded from cassette tape to CD now. Admittedly, they're the prototypical example of a band that got more popular without ever getting better, but I still enjoy them.

10 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home