All Now Mysterious...

Friday, September 07, 2007

Six Hundred

Yes, this is my 600th blog post. What better way to celebrate than with a couple of memes?

Part I: Friday's Feast
Friday's Feast for Friday, 7 September 2007:

Appetizer Using only one word, how does grocery shopping make you feel?
"Meh." It's got to be done, but I neither dread it not anticipate it eagerly. It's just there.

Soup What is your favorite part about the season of Autumn?
It's football season! And the weather gets cooler, too.

Salad Have you ever had any bad experiences online?
I met my ex on line. Like Napoleon invading Russia, it seemed like a good idea at the time, but I wasn't thrilled with how it turned out. But I'm better now.

Main Course Name three things that make you happy daily.
1. Nancy
2. Good music
3. A nice, relaxing shower

Dessert What one household cleansing or organizing item would you not want to be without?
A toilet brush. Seriously, would you really want to do that job by hand?

--

Part II: Top 5 On Friday
Top 5 On Friday - Week 140 from The Music Memoirs:

Top 5 albums with unusual titles.


» You Can Tune a Piano But You Can't Tuna Fish by REO Speedwagon
Ouch.


» Tales from Topographic Oceans by Yes
What does this even mean?!


» A White Sport Coat and a Pink Crustacean by Jimmy Buffett
Marty Robbins fans will know what he's talking about.


» What Does a Deaf Guy Hear? by Ludwig van Beethoven
Great CD! It's a little sad to think that Beethoven never actually heard some of this music.


» Star Turtle by Harry Connick Jr.
A pretty good CD—it is Harry, after all—but a couple of tracks are as strange as the album title.


And, as a 600th anniversary bonus, here are two more answers from last week's musical memes:

Top 5 best opening lines in rock music

» "Locomotive Breath" by Jethro Tull
In the shuffling madness
(Of the) Locomotive Breath
Runs the all-time loser
Headlong to his death


Top 5 albums that you would recommend to all your fellow members and why.



» The Sugar Tree by Amy Rigby
I've already recommended this album to a lot of people, in fact. Amy's songwriting is exceptional: sometimes poignant, sometimes sarcastic and whimsical, and sometimes brutally honest. And always genuine. Relationships can be a real roller coaster, and she musically navigates all their facets as well as anyone I've ever heard.

Okay, that's all I've got. I now return you to your regularly scheduled lives.

5 Comments:

  • I like the Buffet pick and had forgotten that album! And the opening lines...great picks. My favorite one is by Zevon "I saw a werewolf with a Chinese menu in his hand."

    By Blogger Natsthename, At September 07, 2007 11:55 AM  

  • Thought it cool that we shared 2 of the 3 in our main course (wife and music). :)

    I really figured that we would have a lot of overlap in our odd titled albums, because prog just seems to bring out that kind of thing, but not a one in common. Cool!

    By Blogger Lord Mhoram, At September 07, 2007 11:57 AM  

  • I had the REO Speedwagon one on my list, and almost put the Yes one in my list. :-)

    The Yes album definitely was the "quinessential album" for prog rock--four 20-minute songs on a double album. They're the only band I know who puts out 4 songs on a double album rather than an EP! *LOL*

    Great picks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At September 07, 2007 3:16 PM  

  • Toilet brush? I have never gotten a toilet clean with just a brush. Maybe I'm doing it wrong??? Loved your feast. Have a great FF and weekend. :)

    By Blogger Sandee, At September 07, 2007 3:59 PM  

  • OH my I don't have that Buffett CD. And I love Buffett.

    That REO Speedwagon sure is popular this week :)

    By Blogger The Mistress of the Dark, At September 07, 2007 6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home